Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Blog Assignment 1

About Me Hello my name is Robert Fisher. I was born in Tokyo and moved to Hawaii when I was three. I spent a total of fourteen years in Hawaii. I also lived in Puerto Rico for three years. I have lived here in Alabama since May of 2011. When I am not working or in school I enjoy playing video games and tennis. I have also been collecting U.S. coins for more than ten years. I have attended Leeward Community College, American Military University and the University of South Alabama. I transferred to USA because I recently moved here. I chose the University of South Alabama because of recommendations from friends and family. I have found that this university is my favorite.
I am happy to be living in this area because most of my close family lives within a hundred miles. When I used to live on islands it was very difficult to visit them. Not only was there a long flight involved but there was also the problem of money. Flying was so expensive I rarely saw my family. A real shock I find now is meeting relatives I do not know. They all seem to say the same things like, “remember me? I remember when you were this tall.” Then they use their hands to show a height of about three feet. I have a lot of catching up to do. I am happy to be here and I will be staying for a long time. Part II Response to the Randy Pausch Video After watching the video and reflecting I realized that I do not equate money with time at all. I do not feel that my time has a dollar value but I understand why he said it first. Time is valuable. I realize that my time is worth something. Procrastination is something that I need to work on. I know I will be happier. There have been times that I used things mentioned in the video. I have done the hardest work first before and noticed that the rest of the day felt like something I had earned. Inevitably I revert to doing work when the deadline approaches. This video is something I will remember and keep in mind especially if I start wasting time.

2 comments:

  1. Japan and Hawaii. You will have to tell us more!

    Welcome to EDM310.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Robert Fisher, my name is Kristi Jackson. I admire your travel background. It is extremely interesting and impressive. I am sure life in Hawaii and Puerto Rico was beautiful. Your style of word choices, however, kept my full attention and the organization was profound. Please check your email for great suggestions!

    ReplyDelete