Sunday, March 4, 2012

C4K Summary for February

Hannah’s post was about here recent field trip to San Buenaventura Mission in California. She very interested in with the history of the California Mission System. She wrote about the way she was able to experience how to weave using a loom which she found to be fun. She also explains that she is going to visit the San Juan Capistrano Mission soon. She has to write a report on the other mission. I commented on how her post was very well written and substancial. Her entire blog is well put together and includes gadgets. I was impressed with this students quality of work. The post can be visited by going to this link.
Kane’s blog included three posts. Two of them were housekeeping posts and the third appeared to be a poem. At first I thought that Kane wrote it himself. I realized later that at least a few of the lines came from another poem “The Highwayman.” Kane’s post was titled The Highwayman so I deduced that he was given an assignment to post part of a poem on his blog. I commented on the poem excerpt and noted that the post could be misleading because the title and author of the poem were not referenced.

3 comments:

  1. Robert,
    My name is Lindsay Curtis, and I am assigned to your blog this week! Aren't the C4K's neat? These kids are so amazing! Looks like your student is busy! All of my students have also had great blogs and posts. It is encouraging to see such eager and exciting students! Thank you for your post! Have a great week!
    -Lindsay Curtis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Robert,

    The two post that you have are good, but there were four comments for kids assigned. So, you are missing two comments.

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robert,
    My name is Diane Boudreau. These two C4K's sound like they are having a busy time. Some of my students don't always have the best of posts so it's nice to see that some of the kids out there have really neat posts going up. Great Post!
    Diane Boudreau

    ReplyDelete